SA 2: Structural Analysis Techniques
Topics studided under SA2:
· Aims, chalenges and difficulties in the modeling and analysis of historical structures.
· Governing equations of the mechanics of continuum.
· The finite element method.
· Elasto-plastic constitutive models.
· Geometrical nonlinearity.
· Solution procedures for non-linear incremental FE analysis.
· Damage mechanics, smeared crack models.
· Applicability of continuum mechanics.
· Blocky limit analysis of masonry.
· Demonstration of modelling of real structures and examples.