SA 3: Seismic Behaviour and Structural Dynamics
Topics studied under SA3:
· Introduction to earthquake engineering.
· Elements of seismology and seismicity.
· Elements of seismic hazard analysis.
· Dynamic analysis of single-degree-of-freedom systems.
· Dynamic analysis of multi-degree-of-freedom systems.
· Dynamic analysis of structures using the finite element method.
· Response spectrum analysis of linear multi-degree-of-freedom systems.
· Response history analysis of linear multi-degree-of-freedom systems.
· Non-linear dynamic and static analysis of structures.
· Earthquake-resistant design of buildings.
· Structural dynamics in building codes.
· Elements of soil dynamics.
· Damage and collapsing mechanisms in existing (particularly historical) structures.
· Introduction to innovative earthquake-resistant systems.