- Home /
International Seminar (Oct. 2015)
An International Seminar on Conservation of Cultural Heritage Buildings organized by SAHC was held at University of Minho in October 15, 2015.
1. Why preservation and safeguarding of the Route of Romanesque (Rosário Machado)
2. Characterization and strengthening of adobe masonry structures (Daniel Torrealva)
3. The seismic retrofitting project methodology (Claudia Cancino)
4. Proposal for structural restoration of Ica cathedral (Daniel Torrealva)
Integration Week 2015 (Oct.2015)
The SAHC Integration Week 2015 was held at L'Espluga de Francolí, Spain, in October. The primary purpose of this event was to bring together the new SAHC students currently doing their coursework at UMINHO, Portugal, and CTU, Czech Republic.
It was a very productive event where different issues were discussed and where all students had the opportunity to share their views on SAHC.
2. Job hunting
SAHC Dissertations 2015 (Jul.2015)
Structure Magazine (May 2015)
You can find an interesting article from Lindsay Hofgartner (SAHC Alumni from the USA) in the Structure Magazine of May 2015.
Besides the hard and intensive work, the SAHC Masters Courses provides also very intense pleasant moments.
Check the video prepared by the SAHC Group at Barcelona during the 8th Edition. Awesome!!!
I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start...
Seven months of SAHC Master at UPC, Barcelona. Seven months to remember!
Graduate Summer school on earthquake engineering (oct.2012)
A four-day summer school on earthquake engineering was carried out in Guimarães, University of Minho, Portugal, on October 1-4, 2012, including three different events:
· A seminar on "Recent advances and directions in earthquake engineering", by distinguished international guests;
· A mini-symposium on "Hybrid simulation: Theory and applications" by three experts from University of California, Berkeley, USA;
· A short advanced course on "Probabilistic Performance-based Earthquake Engineering" by Prof. Khalid M. Mosalam, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
· October 01 (Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4 and Lecture 5)
· October 02 (link to slides at NEES)
· October 03 (Lecture 1, Lecture 2 and Lecture 3)
· October 04 (Lecture 1, Lecture 2 and References)