The admission requirements for students wishing to enroll in the Master Course are a good quality degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications. Architects wishing to apply should have a solid background in structures. Typically, students are expected to have a higher education degree with four or five years.
Students not holding a previous MSc degree cannot enroll in the University of Padova, Italy.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to have one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL certificate paper based (minimum score 525)
- TOEFL certificate internet based (minimum score 72)
- IELTS certificate (academic version, minimum score 6.5)
- Other recognized language proficiency certificate
If you cannot submit a proof of English language proficiency up to the deadline established for calls, your application will still be considered. In this case you are urged to provide the proof as soon as possible.
Admission is subjected to the approval of the SAHC Managing Board, and is based upon the applicant’s ability and motivation, recommendation letters and language skills.
Ranking of Applicants
The ranking of eligible applicants is based on the following criteria:
- Previous higher education studies and quality of the institutions;
- Relevant work experience;
- Recommendation letters;
- Motivation and thesis outline;
- Additional information (publication, awards, etc.).
The language of instruction and the language of examinations is English. Courses (including course material), examinations and study counselling are available in English only.
Students are also encouraged to attend one national language and culture course (Portuguese, Spanish, Italian or Czech).
(Last update: November 2016)